Etsy

22/07/2013

Mini Mo' July 2013 - Multi Blue and Multi Green

I have wanted to put together some Mini Mo's using Reichenbach Multicolor Dark for some time but have held back because it looks a bit meh... to me in the form of twisties and shards. But the real magic happens when you use the components to make your beads and then this glass really comes alive. My first collection is called Multi Blue and uses Reichenbach Deep Black, Iris blue and also CiM Cornflower.
This first focal has a core of Effetre baby blue with a touch of fine silver mesh then an encasing layer of Effetre 006. I have used some of the Multi blue twistie cane to make petals and you can see the Multi Dark has struck to a deep magenta colour.
The second set of beads that I want to show you have touches of the twistie both under and over encasement, there is a lovely bright reaction line between the Multi Dark and deep black in this twistie combinatio.
My third bead is a lovely free form focal showing how the shards pick up variations in colour, they can strike to purples, blues and magenta when you use them. I've used the shards over a base of Reichenbach Ocean and finished the bead with a Multi Blue Cross murrini on each side.
My second colourway is called Multi Green and used Reichenbach Deep Black, Iris Green and also Effetre Petrol Green.
This first focal has a core of effetre light garss green under 006 and had been decorated with some of the multi green twistie for vines and leaves and some multi green cross murrini too with some rubino petal cane blossoms.
My second pic show the colour variation that you can get with Multi Dark shards much more clearly. I've used them over bases of CiM Dirty Martini and CiM Mojito
This last set is an absolute corker, CiM Mojito, lashings of Multi Green twistie and a final layer of clear glass over the top to give the bright organic patterns a real depth of colour.

It is now possible to join the Mini Mo' Club via Etsy for 3, 6, 9 or 12 month long subscriptions. Please check out my shop link for more info.
Frit N Chips lampwork supplies.

Have a lovely week, Jolene x

No comments:

Post a Comment