Etsy

03/05/2013

Mini Mo' April 2013 - Banana Split and Granite

I have come to the conclusion that Odd Lot glass is not for hoarding no matter how pretty it is! So I chose two of my favourites for my April Mini Mo' glasswork collections. I've chosen Vetrofond Banana Cream odd for the Banana Split collection, and teamed it up with Effetre Chocolate Brown.
This lovely little lentil is made with CiM Vanilla Latte and has some of the Banana Cream twistie wrapped around it and some Banana Cream murrini. I pulled the lines of these starburst murrini together in the centre with a poking tool before patting them flat.
This lentil shows banana cream twistie over a base of Banana Cream glass to show how only the short lines of chocolate brown are visible when the cane is applied and melted flat.

This banoffee bean focal quite a few layers, a core of Effetre medium topaz, a coil of Banana Split ribbon twistie followed by a layer of Effetre 006 and some fern, vine and leaf decoration.
My second collection for April is called Granite and uses Vetrofond odd Painted Desert and CiM Leaky Pen.
This first trio of bead uses the Leaky pen petal cane over a base of leaky pen and under Effetre 006 clear. The murrini is a cut piece from the end of one of the canes.
This fun sculptural floral focal shows how the granite murrini look when poked and left raised. I have used them to create the centre of some big pink blooming flowers.


My sweet lentil trio here shows how the same murrini looks when poked and then melted in flush over Painted Desert shards.

It is now possible to join the Mini Mo' Club via Etsy for 3, 6, 9 or 12 month long subscriptions. Please check out my shop link for more info.
Frit N Chips lampwork supplies.

Have a lovely week, Jolene x

No comments:

Post a Comment