Etsy

30/08/2012

Mini Mo' April 2012 - Pansy and Blue Macaw

Another catch up post from me seeing as I got stalled with my Mini Mo' blogging in March and couldn't get my head around blogging Mo's out of chronological order or skipping a month! Here is a retrospective look at my first Mini Mo’ glasswork theme for April. It is called Pansy. This collection uses all CiM glass – Dirty Martini, Thai Orchid, Creamsicle, Celadon and Lapis.
The first set of beads I am showing today feature Pansy twistie over a core of Effetre Petrol Green. I  wrapped the twistie cane around a small core of the green and wound several wraps of clear over the top which I melted down slowly causing the mass of glass to collapse and stretch the twistie pattern out sideways to the full width of each bead.


This next set was made with a pillow press, something I rarely do as I find presses quite difficult. I am very pleased with this little set, again, a core of Effetre petrol green wrapped with twistie and encased.


My third offering here is a floral mini set using the flat cane. These  beads have a core of Effetre Purple 272 with CiM Creamsicle stringer which was then encased with 006 and finally I swiped on a floral pattern using the Pansy flat cane and some pale green stringer.

My writing skill with stringer text has come a long way since I made these bead in March and I currently have a custom bracelet bead listing up on Etsy to help raise funds for our Beads of Courage fundraising Beadathon in October.

More info BCCA and Beads of Courage HERE
My second collection is also insprired by nature but uses a Primary colour palette. The Blue Macaw Mini Mo’ glasswork uses all Effetre colours - Cobalt Blue 256 with Special Dark Lemon 408 and Special Dark Yellow 412.
The inspiration for this first set of beads comes from the blue Macaw murrini. I have used them in place of dots in the focal bead.
My Polytwists set uses lashings and lashings of Blue Macaw twistie can both under and over 006 clear glass to make these finky round beads.





Next I'd like to show you another set of florals (below), the core colour of these beads is CiM Olive. Three of these beads were wrapped with silver foil and then encased with Effetre 006. I have used both the Blue Macaw flat cane and twistie to form the raised petals design.
Lastly I just want to let you all know that I am running a prize giveawy on my blog for the whole of September, full details of the prize and how to enter please click on my shameless promo giveaway.



Jolene x

Frit N Chips lampwork supplies and Kitzbitz Art Beads

No comments:

Post a Comment