Etsy

27/03/2012

Artists Spotlight - Mel Harding of Inkydoodlecrafts

The last time I blogged about Mel, way back in May last year, I left you with the prediction that one day I'd be able to say that I knew her before she was famous. It's very nice to be able to smugly say...and here she is in print. Mel was discovered on Etsy recently by a journalist from Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine and invited to be interviewed for a special feature!

Mel's beautiful blog is full of vibrant colour and photographs of her handmade cards and competition winning designs and she is also a member of the Jellypark design team so you can see her scrumptious designs regularly featured in the Jellypark e-zine.

This Dino card makes me smile every time I see it, so beautifully detailed and lovingly put together. I'd love to be in that little boys shoes :-D Rawrrrr

This cheeky little girl sums up just why Mel's cards are so very special. The main ingredient of Mel's Designs are beautifully and skillfully hand coloured toppers. Add to that hand stitched detail, mixed media embellishments and layers of texture with a side order of delicate punched detail and a real flair for choosing great colour combinations! Can you tell I am a fan?

I particularly love this card, a special hand coloured fairy commissioned by my lovely OH for his Mum for Mothers Day just gone. She's beautiful! Click the pic to go see Mels' blog post on how she was made.

And you can find toppers and more at Inkydoodlecrafts on Ebay

Jolene x

No comments:

Post a Comment